Otto of Bavaria to Henry Piast

A place to scheme, fret, and rejoice about the momentous events leading up to the coronation of Richard Lionheart.
Otto of Bavaria

Otto of Bavaria to Henry Piast

Post by Otto of Bavaria » Sun Aug 29, 2021 1:00 am

To Henry Piast, prince and pilgrim, Otto, another prince, sends greetings!

I am doing well, and I hope that you are too!

My brother tells me that you were seen coming northwards on pilgrimage. You may have heard that we've been spending most of our time here in England, and it would be ever so lovely to see you again, if you were to come up to Westminster for the coronation. Say you will! I am sure Willi would love to see you and we are both ever-hungry for news from home. It is ever so green, here. Willi says it is because it rains all the time, and is foggy when it is not raining. It reminds me of Bremen, but Bremen was gray all the time, and here everything is green and wild and sopping wet. No one here speaks any German! Mutti says I must keep in practice, so I hope you will come so I will not lose any more than I already have done.

Alright, I am sending this along now, but I hope to hear from you soon.

With much friendliness,
Otto of the House of Welf
Son of Henry the Lion * the King's German Nephew * Future Holy Roman Emperor? * The Younger One *

French, Latin, German, Polish

Henry Piast

Re: Otto of Bavaria to Henry Piast

Post by Henry Piast » Tue Aug 31, 2021 9:03 pm

To Otto Welf, prince of the Empire and of great fortune, a distant cousin sends regards!

Seeking further benedictions of Saint Bartholomew, I have indeed arrived in England. While my pilgrimage leads me now to Canterbury, it would be a disregard of Providence not to come to Westminster for the coronation of your pious and glorious royal uncle immediately after! I am looking forward to seeing you both, and sharing tales and revelations of my sojourn, both from Italy and from the golden city of Frankfurt, so we shall be able to practice German as much as your heart desires, and to a holy purpose.

I will pray for your good health in Canterbury.

With friendship and unity in Jesus Our Lord,
Heinrich of the House of Piast
House of Piast, Silesian Branch | Glory: 1175