[D2, LN, EVENT] A Midnight Ride, part 2

Cearnach

Re: [D2, LN, EVENT] A Midnight Ride, part 2

Post by Cearnach » Sat Sep 11, 2021 1:29 am

"In a manner of speaking. I'll be a lot poorer, and I will probably have to go to Outremer with the crusade, but I won't rot in here or be executed. So...on the whole, yes. Hard to imagine coming out of this unscathed, you know."
Gm * Man of Angles * Sionnach * Scealai *

Every phrase and every sentence is an end and a beginning,/Every poem an epitaph. And any action/Is a step to the block, to the fire, down the sea's throat/Or to an illegible stone: and that is where we start.
We die with the dying:/See, they depart, and we go with them./We are born with the dead:/See, they return, and bring us with them./The moment of the rose and the moment of the yew-tree/Are of equal duration. A people without history/Is not redeemed from time, for history is a pattern/Of timeless moments. So, while the light fails/On a winter's afternoon, in a secluded chapel/History is now and England
--Eliot, Little Gidding

Simon IV de Montfort

Post by Simon IV de Montfort » Sat Sep 11, 2021 2:04 pm

"Indeed."

The young Baron sighed, then quickly turned back to the Crusader.

"Forgive me - in all of the commotion, I forgot to introduce myself in the formal."

He offered a bow.

"I am Simon de Montfort, fourth Simon of the barony Montfort-L'amaury. I suppose you knew my name already, but it would be wrong of me not to formally present myself nontheless, I feel."
Simon IV de Montfort | Glory: 1500 | House: Unlaigned(ties to Beaumont)
Legendary Passions/Traits: Zealous | Traits: Head of full black hair, voice of Iron
Likely civil garb: Noble clothes, as suits the situation
Likely battle garb: Armour, Shield, Sword, Dagger(backup)
Squires: None, but has a valet
Speaks: French, Latin

Cearnach

Post by Cearnach » Sat Sep 11, 2021 5:42 pm

"Pleased to have met you, Lord Simon. Ranulf de Glanville, Crusader, High Justiciar, as was, and composer of the Law Code of Henry II."
Gm * Man of Angles * Sionnach * Scealai *

Every phrase and every sentence is an end and a beginning,/Every poem an epitaph. And any action/Is a step to the block, to the fire, down the sea's throat/Or to an illegible stone: and that is where we start.
We die with the dying:/See, they depart, and we go with them./We are born with the dead:/See, they return, and bring us with them./The moment of the rose and the moment of the yew-tree/Are of equal duration. A people without history/Is not redeemed from time, for history is a pattern/Of timeless moments. So, while the light fails/On a winter's afternoon, in a secluded chapel/History is now and England
--Eliot, Little Gidding