[D6, EN] Cold Pies and Planning

Isabel de Warenne

[D6, EN] Cold Pies and Planning

Post by Isabel de Warenne » Tue Sep 21, 2021 2:42 am

The small hours of the night found Isabel de Warenne in the deserted palace kitchens. She was setting up two cold leftover meat pies--one steak and kidney, the other eel, for her personal night-time enjoyment. Armed with a knife and a mighty will, she tucked in, savoring the delicious flavor of spiced cow flesh. Yum.
Countess of Surrey * Vengeful * Prudent * Influential * Ambitious *

French, Old English, Latin

Paul De Warennes

Re: [D6, EN] Cold Pies and Planning

Post by Paul De Warennes » Tue Sep 21, 2021 7:59 am

Paul yawned a little as he made his way to the kitchens to meet with his cousin to talk about what to do while they were here. This place was an opportunity and they would be foolish to not take advantage of it.

The blonde giant opened the door and had to duck his head to enter "Hello dearest cousin, I see you still have a penchant for late night snacking." He says with a grin
De Warennes | Baron | Glory: 1171| Big Fella | Musician
Distinctive Traits: piercing eyes, impeccable physique
Normal equipment: expensive clothing, dagger
War: Chainmail, Shield, Sword, Mace
Speaks: French, LatinOccitan

Isabel de Warenne

Post by Isabel de Warenne » Tue Sep 21, 2021 5:04 pm

"Paul!" She cries, standing up and moving to embrace you. She has the grace to hold her spoon at arm's length over your shoulder so as not to stain your shirt with eel drippings.

"Will you join me? I have steak and kidney and eel. There was an awful lot of eel at the coronation feast, in among the upheaval and the arrests."

Paul De Warennes

Post by Paul De Warennes » Tue Sep 21, 2021 5:58 pm

Paul laughs a little at the exclamation and embrace wrapping his arms around his cousin to easily hoist her into the air. He sets her down gently smile still wide on his features.

He looks to the pies and then Isabel "I might peck a little at the steak and kidney, never did quite develop a taste for eel." He said with good humor as he moved to sit with her.

Paul looked over at his cousin "So how have things been?" He asked casually as he took a small bite of the meat pie.

Isabel de Warenne

Post by Isabel de Warenne » Tue Sep 21, 2021 6:04 pm

"Oh, all topsy-turvy. Richard has been like a whirlwind, and most of us have very little idea about where to put our feet to find safe ground. No one expected Glanville to be arrested, and the summary dismissal of all the Officers of State was a great shock, especially to Hamelin. I'm afraid he's taken the disorder rather badly."

Paul De Warennes

Post by Paul De Warennes » Wed Sep 22, 2021 7:23 am

Paul nodded slowly gears clearly turning in his head "Yes Richard is quite the man of action I had heard rumor of what you mention here I do wonder what it all means though." He chuckled a little "but you know I don't have a mind for politics the way you do cousin. I have an arm for swinging a Mace, a mouth for drinking wine, and" He stopped short and grinned "and well other things less appropriate to talk about." he said with a more full but still subdued laugh due to the hour.

As the laughter subsided he scratched his chin Idlely "but whirlwind cause chaos and chaos can be opportunity. Dangerous opportunity but opportunity none the less." He then waved a hand dismissively "as for Hamelin I'm sure he has little to worry about, he is a loyal little creature and I'm sure he'll get on fine with Richard the same way he did his father."

Isabel de Warenne

Post by Isabel de Warenne » Wed Sep 22, 2021 6:37 pm

"I think Hamelin's principal concern is that the royal house is not on firm ground at the moment. Richard is a great warrior, but anything could happen on the Crusade, and John is in the best position to take over the kingdom, even if Richard were to name Arthur heir. There needs to be someone in place who can keep John to his own business while Richard is gone, or I fear very much for the state of the Kingdom."