[D4, EA, Open] Templars, God, and Money

Cearnach

[D4, EA, Open] Templars, God, and Money

Post by Cearnach » Fri Sep 17, 2021 12:52 am

The Temple is a cheerier place than some might imagine. Sprawling, too, with auxiliaries of the order manning tables and fiddling with abaci up and down the principle hall. The templar knight leaves you in the capable hands of a yopic auxiliary, who looks up at the both of you with an exaggerated squint.

"How can the Order be of help to you gentlemen?" he asks in a distinctly Angoumois accent.
Gm * Man of Angles * Sionnach * Scealai *

Every phrase and every sentence is an end and a beginning,/Every poem an epitaph. And any action/Is a step to the block, to the fire, down the sea's throat/Or to an illegible stone: and that is where we start.
We die with the dying:/See, they depart, and we go with them./We are born with the dead:/See, they return, and bring us with them./The moment of the rose and the moment of the yew-tree/Are of equal duration. A people without history/Is not redeemed from time, for history is a pattern/Of timeless moments. So, while the light fails/On a winter's afternoon, in a secluded chapel/History is now and England
--Eliot, Little Gidding

Simon IV de Montfort

Re: [D4, EA, Open] Templars, God, and Money

Post by Simon IV de Montfort » Fri Sep 17, 2021 1:47 am

"Please, sir, I shall let you go first. I have a letter to address-" He turned from the Lord of Norfolk to the man at the bank.
"Perchance can one borrow some ink? I have a quill and parchment, but..."

If given the ink, he would move to a nearby surface and begin writing.
Simon IV de Montfort | Glory: 1500 | House: Unlaigned(ties to Beaumont)
Legendary Passions/Traits: Zealous | Traits: Head of full black hair, voice of Iron
Likely civil garb: Noble clothes, as suits the situation
Likely battle garb: Armour, Shield, Sword, Dagger(backup)
Squires: None, but has a valet
Speaks: French, Latin

Cearnach

Post by Cearnach » Fri Sep 17, 2021 1:53 am

The ink was arranged post-haste, free of charge. The Earl, meanwhile, asks to see the Preceptor about a loan, mentioning an interesting opportunity, and is conducted into a back room.

Every phrase and every sentence is an end and a beginning,/Every poem an epitaph. And any action/Is a step to the block, to the fire, down the sea's throat/Or to an illegible stone: and that is where we start.
We die with the dying:/See, they depart, and we go with them./We are born with the dead:/See, they return, and bring us with them./The moment of the rose and the moment of the yew-tree/Are of equal duration. A people without history/Is not redeemed from time, for history is a pattern/Of timeless moments. So, while the light fails/On a winter's afternoon, in a secluded chapel/History is now and England
--Eliot, Little Gidding

Simon IV de Montfort

Post by Simon IV de Montfort » Fri Sep 17, 2021 1:09 pm

Meanwhile Simon begins writing, before counting out 65 pounds from his satchel. Once done, he approaches the desk.

"I wish to send these to Amaury de Montfort - can you convert these pounds to Francs?"

(Letter is in PF)
Legendary Passions/Traits: Zealous | Traits: Head of full black hair, voice of Iron

Cearnach

Post by Cearnach » Sat Sep 18, 2021 1:30 am

"We certainly can, sir." And indeed they do, with an efficiency you had not thought to expect. Before you know it, the letter has been franked and set aside for the voyage home, the coins tucked where they need to be.

The young man behind the counter nods at the work done. "So, here for the coronation, then, sir?"

--Eliot, Little Gidding

Simon IV de Montfort

Post by Simon IV de Montfort » Sat Sep 18, 2021 1:44 am

Simon nodded in reply.

"Indeed - it has certainly been a lively one, no?"

Cearnach

Post by Cearnach » Sat Sep 18, 2021 2:02 am

"I did not see it myself, but my brothers tell me a great bat disrupted the ceremony. Is this true? It seems a frightful omen."

--Eliot, Little Gidding

Simon IV de Montfort

Post by Simon IV de Montfort » Sat Sep 18, 2021 7:40 am

"I did hear rumours, but saw nothing from where I was. It was further in the Abbey than I, but I know who to ask to verify. I agree it is a dark omen, though..."

Cearnach

Post by Cearnach » Sat Sep 18, 2021 7:13 pm

"Makes you concerned, it does. But life is long, and omens have been overcome before. The Wheel turns, as they say." The auxiliary smiles good-naturedly, but there is a worried look in his eyes.

--Eliot, Little Gidding