[D8, LM] Missa Tertio-Vicesimo Diei Soli, Anni A.

Hugh de Puiset

Re: [D8, LM] Missa Tertio-Vicesimo Diei Soli, Anni A.

Post by Hugh de Puiset » Mon Sep 27, 2021 1:20 am

Then Hugh de Puiset rises and moves to read from the bible himself, his way prepared by the smoke from the thuribles as the congregation sings.

Alleluia, Alleluia

Puiset then sings out in a rich baritone:
Let your face shine upon your servant;
and teach me your laws.

To which the congregation replies
Alleluia, Alleluia

Standing before the altar, he prays.

"Cleanse my heart and my lips, O Almighty God, Who cleansed the lips of the Prophet Isaiah with a burning coal. In your gracious mercy deign to purify me that I may worthily proclaim your holy Gospel. Through Christ our Lord. Amen.

Your blessing, Lord. May the Lord be in my heart and on my lips that I may proclaim his Gospel worthily and well. Amen.

The Lord be with you.
Bishop of Durham * Henry the Young King's Henchman * Rich as Croesus * Bastard Children? Oh, you mean those Bastard Children *

French, English, Latin, Greek

Baldwin of Forde

Post by Baldwin of Forde » Mon Sep 27, 2021 1:20 am

And with your spirit, replies the congregation.
Archbishop of Canterbury * The King's Man * Getting On A Bit * Have You Taken the Cross Lately? *

French, Latin, Greek, Welsh

Hugh de Puiset

Post by Hugh de Puiset » Mon Sep 27, 2021 1:21 am

A continuation of the Holy Gospel according to Saint Luke.
Bishop of Durham * Henry the Young King's Henchman * Rich as Croesus * Bastard Children? Oh, you mean those Bastard Children *

Baldwin of Forde

Post by Baldwin of Forde » Mon Sep 27, 2021 1:21 am

Glory to you, Lord.
Archbishop of Canterbury * The King's Man * Getting On A Bit * Have You Taken the Cross Lately? *

Hugh de Puiset

Post by Hugh de Puiset » Mon Sep 27, 2021 1:23 am

Great crowds were traveling with Jesus,
and he turned and addressed them,
“If anyone comes to me without hating his father and mother,
wife and children, brothers and sisters,
and even his own life,
he cannot be my disciple.
Whoever does not carry his own cross and come after me
cannot be my disciple.
Which of you wishing to construct a tower
does not first sit down and calculate the cost
to see if there is enough for its completion?
Otherwise, after laying the foundation
and finding himself unable to finish the work
the onlookers should laugh at him and say,
‘This one began to build but did not have the resources to finish.’
Or what king marching into battle would not first sit down
and decide whether with ten thousand troops
he can successfully oppose another king
advancing upon him with twenty thousand troops?
But if not, while he is still far away,
he will send a delegation to ask for peace terms.
In the same way,
anyone of you who does not renounce all his possessions
cannot be my disciple.”

Andre l'Ecrivain

Post by Andre l'Ecrivain » Mon Sep 27, 2021 1:41 am

Andre listens raptly to the Word of the Lord.
Andre l'Ecrivain, called Andrea Scriptor in the Learned Tongue, Dryw Bwydo in the speech of the west, and Andric Bocere in the speech of the lower English
Son of Gilles d'Agnatu, baron in service to the de Clares
Nothing Legendary...yet
168 Glory
Wears fine clothes, rich if in court; has writing materials and likely a book or two tucked in the sleeves.
Heavyset and beardly
Speaking, "writing," thinking; d'Oil, Latin, Welsh, English

Hugh de Puiset

Post by Hugh de Puiset » Mon Sep 27, 2021 6:28 am

When he finished the gospel, Puiset looks up and says firmly. "Through the words of the Gospel, may our sins be wiped away."

Baldwin of Forde

Post by Baldwin of Forde » Mon Sep 27, 2021 6:29 am

Praise to you, Lord Jesus Christ, replies the congregation.

Baldwin of Forde

Post by Baldwin of Forde » Mon Sep 27, 2021 6:38 am

The all rise and sing the Creed.

"I believe in one God, the Father Almighty, maker of heaven and earth, of all things visible and invisible. And in one lord Jesus Christ, only begotten son of the Father, born from the Father before all ages. God from God, light from light, True God from True God. Begotten, not made, consubstantial with the Father; through him all things were made. For us men and for our salvation he came down from heaven, and by the Holy Spirit was incarnate of the Virgin Mary, and became man. For our sake he was crucified under Pontius Pilate, suffered death, and was buried, and rose again on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures. He ascended into heaven and is seated at the right hand of the Father. He will come again in glory to judge the living and the dead, and his kingdom will have no end. I believe in the Holy Spirit, the Lord, the Giver of Life, who proceeds from the Father and the Son, who with the Father and the Son is adored and glorified, who has spoken through the prophets. I believe in one holy, catholic, and apostolic Church. I confess one baptism for the forgiveness of sins and I look forward to the resurrection of the dead, and the life of the world to come. Amen.

Geoffrey of Tournemine

Post by Geoffrey of Tournemine » Mon Sep 27, 2021 8:04 am

Geoffrey sings with fervor fervor, his faith and beliefs clearly on display like many others. He may have a lack of interest in going to war in the crusades, but one would not assume that by the way he seems to love his faith.
Knight Baron Geoffrey of Crahen, of the house Tournamine * Glory: 1175 * House: de Blondeville * Striking * Flirtatious
Legendary Passion: Energetic * Traits: Red Hair, Bright Eyes, Charming Accent
Clothing: Noble clothing, sword
Battle gear: Chainmail, Shield, Battle Axe, Dagger
Speaks: French, Latin, Occitan

Andre l'Ecrivain

Post by Andre l'Ecrivain » Mon Sep 27, 2021 11:00 am

For Andre, the ritual brings comfort. The wisest of the Mystics does not lie dying today.
Andre l'Ecrivain, called Andrea Scriptor in the Learned Tongue, Dryw Bwydo in the speech of the west, and Andric Bocere in the speech of the lower English
Son of Gilles d'Agnatu, baron in service to the de Clares
Nothing Legendary...yet
168 Glory
Wears fine clothes, rich if in court; has writing materials and likely a book or two tucked in the sleeves.
Heavyset and beardly
Speaking, "writing," thinking; d'Oil, Latin, Welsh, English

Hugh de Puiset

Post by Hugh de Puiset » Wed Sep 29, 2021 8:27 pm

With the Liturgy of the Word truly over, the Liturgy of the Eucharist was about to begin. Puiset receives the offering of bread and wine and, laying them both on the altar, says:

Accept,holyFather, almighty and eternal God, this immaculate victim, which I, your unworthy servant, offer to you, my God, living
and true, for my uncountable sins, offenses, and omissions and for all those who are standing here but also for all faithful Christians living and dead, that it may effectively gain for me and for them salvation and eternal life. Amen

The deacon prepares the chalice at the right side of the altar.
O God, who wondrously created the dignity of our human nature and more wondrously restored it, grant that through the mystery of this water and wine we may come to share in the divinity of him who humbled himself to share in our humanity, Jesus Christ your son, our Lord, who lives and reigns with you in the unity of the Holy Spirit, One God, for ever and ever. Amen.

Then both offer the chalice up to God.

We offer to you, O Lord, this chalice of salvation, begging your clemency, that, in the sight of your divine majesty, it may rise up with the odor of sweetness for our salvation for that of the whole world. Amen.

Puiset then bows and prays.
With humble spirit and contrite heart may we be accepted by you, O Lord, and may our sacrifice this day be pleasing to you, Lord God.

The he rises and blesses both bread and wine.
Come, O Sanctifier, almighty and eternal God, and bless this sacrifice prepared in the honor of your holy name.